13 January 2010

Charley Harper.

"When I look at a wildlife or nature subject, I don't see the feathers in the wings, I just count the wings. I see exciting shapes, color combinations, patterns, textures, fascinating behavior and endless possibilities for making interesting pictures. I regard the picture as an ecosystem in which all the elements are interrelated, interdependent, perfectly balanced, without trimming or unutilized parts; and herein lies the lure of painting; in a world of chaos, the picture is one small rectangle in which the artist can create an ordered universe."
-Charley Harper

Charley Harper called his artistic style "modern minimalism". He looked past the minute details and captured the simple beauty in the world around him. His prints inspire me both artistically and philosophically. Just finishing a film and getting ready to go back to school, it's easy to forget how wonderfully happy I am at this point in my life. I have such freedom and so many dreams. I have no idea what's to come and I absolutely love that. I think a lot of people might fear the unknown, but I find so much beauty in the possibilities that lie before me. I just want to focus on the simple things; family, friends, dreams and aspirations. An uncomplicated view of the world. A world in which all these elements become interrelated, interdependent, perfectly balanced. I cannot control what happens around me, but the life I choose to live... that is my small rectangle, my ordered universe, my simple ecosystem.

The freedom and simplicity I saw in Charley Harper's prints filled my mind as I refreshed my memory on this seasons looks. Exciting shapes, inspiring colors, textures and patterns; I saw them in some of my favorite designers' Spring 2010 collections and found them to be wholly fascinating. In this world of chaos, be inspired by the simple things!

"All this beauty; you might have to close your eyes."

ADAM Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Trumpeter Swan" by Charley Harper (Ford Times Print: Price Upon Request)

Isaac Mizrahi Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Roseate Spoonbills" by Charley Harper (Ford Times Print: $595)

Porenza Schouler Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Sunfish" by Charley Harper (Ford Times Print: $395)

Carolina Herrerra Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Flamingo-A-Go-Go" by Charley Harper (Original Painting: $25,000)

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Box Seat" by Charley Harper (Lithograph: $50)

Alexander Wang Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Packrat Palace" by Charley Harper (Giclee Print: $200- $240)

Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Asian Tiger" by Charley Harper (Wall Mural: $295)

Erin Featherston Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear Collection (style.com); "Owl on the Prowl" by Charley Harper (Giclee Print: $200- $240)

Love.
C

No comments: